[ PDF version ]
On December 5th, 2014, the University of Hamburg and its Faculty of Business, Economics & Social Sciences* host a colloquium and workshop on “Designing Business Models for Flourishing Enterprises” facilitated by Antony Upward, Co-founder of the Strongly Sustainable Business Model Group (SSBMG), OCAD University, and Principal of Edward James Consulting Ltd., Toronto, Canada.
These events introduce the research behind (Colloquium) and practical application (Workshop) of a new collaborative visual design approach to create strongly sustainable business models – the “Flourishing Business Canvas”. A 3-minute audio-visual introduction to the “Flourishing Business Canvas” is available at http://about.flourishingbusiness.org
We invite students and researchers from all fields of social and sustainability sciences as well as entrepreneurs and managers concerned about the integration of environmental and social sustainability into their organisations. Based on years of research and interdisciplinary efforts to prove its applicability the “Flourishing Business Canvas” represents a new generation of business modelling tools.
You can register and participate for free either in the Colloquium or the Workshop, or both. Registration is required since both events are limited to 25 participants only!
Part I (11:00-13:00) – Colloquium “The research behind the flourishing business canvas: The strongly sustainable business model ontology”
- Research at the intersections of sustainability and business models
- Systemic Design Science research epistemology and methods
- Review of the Strongly Sustainable Business Model Ontology
- Comparison to profit oriented Business Model Ontology
Part II (14:00-18:00) – Workshop “The Design of Flourishing Enterprises: A Visual Studio Approach” [ Workshop description as PDF ]
- Learn and understand an innovative approach to co-creating business models for flourishing enterprises, based on economic, social, and environmentally-effective design principles
- Gain an expanded appreciation of the challenges facing leaders as they move their organizations toward flourishing, and a set of tools for designing resolutions to those challenges
- Discover the next generation collaborative visual model design tools for modelling flourishing enterprises in any sector
- Be equipped to use the tool after the workshop in the evaluation of existing enterprises, and to envision new initiatives
Facilitator: Antony Upward, Co-founder of the Strongly Sustainable Business Model Group, OCAD University, Principal of Edward James Consulting Ltd., Toronto, Canada, http://www.SSBMG.com
Date: 5th December 2014, 11:00-13:00 (Colloquium) and 14:00-18:00 (Workshop)
Location: University of Hamburg, Von-Melle-Park 9, 20146 Hamburg, Room A215
Registration: Free registration and participation – limited to 25 participants (e-mail below)
Organiser: Dr. Florian Lüdeke-Freund, University of Hamburg, Faculty of Business, Economics & Social Sciences, Chair of Capital Markets and Management, email@example.com
* These events are financially supported by the Faculty of Business, Economics & Social Sciences and its programme for international research exchange. We thank Prof. Dr. Sebastian Späth and the faculty’s board for the generous support.